Based on the facts that we successively receive in relation to new cases of COVID-19 (Corona), and our sense of responsibility towards our society and our country in urging to avoid the exacerbation of the epidemic, his Eminence’s office reiterates its warnings in this regard and regrets that some people underestimate the high capability of this pandemic in transmitting infection, as well as promoting rumors contradicting with the warnings of the World Health Organization, which are circulated to contribute to deceiving others in one way or another.
Therefore, and since the religious authorities are considered role models in their society, we believe that it is necessary to remind the public and to request them to adopt the rules of prevention that are agreed upon due to their effectiveness and to adhere to the following:
- Total abstaining from expressing welcome through shaking hands.
- The necessity to wear masks, and to maintain social distancing in meetings and events.
- For the guardians of councils and retreats, each in his position, is responsible for taking the necessary measures for the safety of his brotherhood and his community, including the suspension of group prayers in the event of non-compliance with the degrees of caution.
- Never move from the village council to another village except for a necessity, and to strictly apply the preventive measures.
- Employees and workers in public and private institutions of the Druze community, and persons whose nature of work exposes them to any risks of transmitting infection, are prohibited from participating in any religious or social meetings of all kinds.
- Complete abbreviation in funerals and weddings.
Adherence to the requirements of prudence and good management and preservation of the integrity and cleanliness of the body in this are signs of faith that cannot be separated from the duties of the believer towards himself, his family and his society.
Praise be to God always.